Do you sometimes sit around feeling like you really don’t measure up and the feeling of unworthiness is creeping in? Know that it’s not all that uncommon to experience this feeling.
If you masterfully question your thoughts and deep beliefs as to what is blocking you from bringing the things you want into form, you can uncover the reason behind those unwavering feelings of unworthiness.
This week, we encourage you to start the journey of banishing any sentiments of unworthiness you have about yourself. Know that you were given this life for a reason and every aspect of it has been placed into your presence with purpose.
We all have the capability to do the things that we want to do, to create the lives we wish to live and be the people we want to be. It all begins within us.
If you are ready to start releasing unworthiness, here are some simple practices to get you on your way.
- Notice the feeling: Unworthiness is that murky deep-seated belief that creeps into our minds and makes us think that we are not good enough and fundamentally flawed. Without realizing it, we allow this feeling to sabotage us in so many different ways, using endless justifications to keep us from reaching for the things we want and deserve in life.
- Reflect: Try to realize the moments in your past that might have created these beliefs.
- Identify your values: Oftentimes, when we don’t feel ourselves it’s because we’re not aligned with our values. It’s important to get clear about what they are so you can align your life with them. Download our Values guide to identify your values and start living in alignment!
- Make a plan: Rarely is it possible to achieve something without a plan to guide you. To develop a plan, you must actually start at the end. Envision what, specifically, you want your life to look like. This is the end goal. Then work backward from there, putting a logical plan in place to achieve the results.
- Make a pact to show up every day: It is time for action. Get started now! Don’t wait. Gather all the tools you have to make your plan happen. Remind yourself why you are doing this and look up at the big picture goal—but keep your focus on the day-to-day steps. Consistency is the key.
- Adopt positive affirmations: This is where you use positive sentences you repeat to yourself to build self-belief in your subconscious mind. Affirmations can make you more aware of your thought process and will aid you to challenge negative thoughts as they arise.
- Acknowledge your efforts: It is not always about winning, it is the effort that counts! Acknowledge that you have done your best, even when you have failed to produce tangible results.
- Take care of your inner-self: this is one of the most neglected areas of self-care that most people lack engaging in. Start by expressing gratitude, be mindful, and employ a growth mindset. This will help you view your challenges not as impossible obstacles but as opportunities to grow.
One Step at a Time
Once you begin to identify the thoughts and triggers of unworthiness, you can begin to gently stretch the limits of your comfort zone.
Be willing to try different strategies, experiment, and don’t be discouraged if you have to keep at it for a while.
These feelings of unworthiness have likely been with you for a while, so always remember to be kind to yourself, celebrate – victories, and be patiently persistent.
Be Willing to Ask for Help
Sometimes the feeling of unworthiness stems from a major life change or a traumatic event. Self-directed personal growth exercises can be very effective, but it is important to remember that asking for help is not a weakness.