As Impact Makers, we overcomplicate the heck out of self-care… and it doesn’t have to be that way. We tend to think it’s nothing more than an expensive habit defined by regular trips to the spa. Or we cringe thinking about all the time that would be better off spent taking care of all the other things…
“I am so exhausted from doing everything for everyone else, how could I possibly find time for another thing… even if it is to take care of me?”
For work-at-home and stay-at-home parents especially, it can be really easy to fall into a routine where days slip by in the same set of pj’s, without so much as a shower. At Strong By Nature, we know you have a lot on your plate. We know how hard it is to find the time to take care of you. That’s why we’re so passionate about keeping things simple and accessible… so YOU are set up to thrive.
We say that self-care is taking consistent action to improve or maintain your health.
- This can be as simple as taking regular showers.
- Or brushing your teeth twice a day.
- Perhaps it’s drinking 1 extra glass of water a day.
- Or prioritizing at LEAST 7 hours of sleep.
- Maybe for you… self-care is setting an alarm every day so you don’t forget your vitamin.
- Or taking 5 minutes to write down three things you’re grateful for.
- Maybe self-care is sitting for 10 minutes… by yourself. No kids. No phone. Just quiet.
For me… self-care is rubbing my feet with essential oils. It only takes a couple of minutes… and it makes ME feel GOOD. Self-care for me is also going out into nature… every day. Even if it’s just to take a few deep breaths and smile at the sun.
If you’re ready to uncomplicate your self-care routine, join us for our Monthly Self-Care Challenge. During this challenge, you will get some extra accountability to help you get back to taking care of yourself! You won’t want to miss it!